During the lifecycle of the project, HS2 and its supply chain will create at least 2000 apprenticeship opportunities across a wide range of disciplines and specialisms.
Apprenticeship roles at HS2, provide individuals with the opportunity to learn from the very best in the industry, whilst gaining hands on experience and working towards recognised qualifications.
HS2 launched its first Apprenticeships in 2017, welcoming 25 apprentices, on a 2-year programme, across 3 disciplines. Following on from this, we have had success on our 2019 and 2020 apprenticeship programmes, where we have recruited a total of 42 apprentices across 14 schemes including; Project Management, IT, Cyber Security and HR.
This year we will be offering further opportunities, in a variety of disciplines including:
- business administration;
- project management;
- customer service;
- procurement; and
As an apprentice, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary
- Develop valuable, transferable skills
- Benefit from ongoing, structured support
- Have 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
Applications for our 2021 apprenticeship programme are now closed.
Application support for apprentices
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We know you will have a range of questions relating to the application process, your interview and post-interview.
HS2 apprentice stories: Mariella
Leaving a legacy
Are you thinking about what the future might hold for you? At HS2, you can shape a future that is truly extraordinary. You’ll help make one of the biggest, most complex and ambitious projects happen.
The next generation of engineers, project managers and innovators are all playing their part to support the design and construction of the new high-speed railway; bringing innovative ideas, new ways of working and contributing to a lasting legacy.
With 15,000 jobs already supported by the project there has never been a more exciting time to jump on board.
Our two year graduate programme offers individuals an exciting opportunity to work on Europe’s largest infrastructure project. You’ll be working alongside industry leading experts across various placements and gaining valuable transferable skills that can be used around the globe.
As a graduate you will get:
- a competitive pension scheme, with up to 12% employer contribution;
- a competitive salary;
- a cash allowance in lieu of benefits, which means you can choose benefits that are right for you and your family;
- core company funded benefits such as life assurance, income protection and health cash plan;
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays;
- access to voluntary benefits scheme and retail, health, leisure and travel offers;
- access to an ‘Employee Assistance Program’;
- financial and health well-being programmes; and
- access to inclusion networks to provide support for our employees and to ensure that we provide an inclusive environment for our workforce.
Applications for our 2021 graduate programme are now closed.
HS2 graduate stories: Sam
Application support for graduates
At HS2, we offer summer internships to university students aged 18 and over, to provide practical experience in your chosen field or discipline.
Internships are structured placements that focus on interesting projects, giving you valuable industry experience as well as developing your skills in the workplace. These are designed to suit either undergraduates and/or post graduates.
We offer a variety of internships each summer.
You can explore the opportunities that may interest you and apply via our recruitment portal. If there are no current opportunities listed then you can register for email alerts when they are added in future.