HS2 trains will serve Motherwell and other nearby locations.
- 'Phase 2b'
- Map Link:
- Work Items Map Link:
These will become ‘integrated high speed stations’
HS2 Services in Scotland
- Birmingham Interchange, HS2 time 186 minutes, current time 245 minutes*
- London, HS2 time 263 minutes, current time 220 minutes*
- Birmingham HS2 time 191 minutes, current time 237 minutes
- London, HS2 time 220 minutes, current time 262 minutes
- Birmingham, HS2 time 200 minutes, current time 242 minutes
- London, HS2 time 220 minutes, current time 270 minutes
*Interchange required at Preston
HS2 will cut journey times between stations in Scotland and London and Birmingham by up to an hour. Once fully completed, Motherwell will receive an HS2 service every other hour as it runs between Glasgow and Birmingham. The Scottish Government is acting to ensure the benefits of greater connectivity are spread throughout Scotland.
Faster journey times, improved connectivity and cleaner, greener travel means that HS2’s arrival is forecast to benefit the Scottish economy by over £5bn.