HS2 Works Notification: Wormleighton to Southam newsletter, August 2021
Work item: HS2-MW-EK-Ph1-Ar-Ce-C3-CR-34-21/07/2021
Work Item Summary
- Project Phase
- Phase 1
- Ladbroke, Priors Hardwick, Radbourne, Southam, Wormleighton
- EKFB JV
- Type of works
- Early construction works, Works affecting Public Rights of Way, Worksite / compound set-up
- Estimated Start Date
- Estimated End Date
Work item details
Our activity in the area from Wormleighton to Southam is well under way.
Over the summer and autumn, our activity will increase. You can expect to see the following works in the local area:
• Ground investigations, utility and trial hole works as well as land surveying;
• Construction of the office and welfare facilities at the A423 Southam construction compound;
• Further clearance of vegetation and fencing work;
• Construction of access and haul roads to move people and materials along the line of the new railway, rather than on local roads;
• Construction of a plant crossing area where our access road meets the B4451 Kineton Road;
• Excavation, movement and storage of earthworks near Wormleighton, Ladbroke and Southam;
• Temporary footpath closures and diversions near the Southam compound and Ladbroke Hill Lane area.
Download information relating to these works
We'd like your feedback
Please help us improve how we keep you informed about how we're delivering the railway by giving us feedback on your experience.