Meet the people behind the project
We currently employ around 1,500 people, with the majority of staff working at our headquarters in Birmingham. HS2 is an inspirational venture to be involved in:
- driving local regeneration
- pioneering the use of leading technology
- applying the latest professional thinking in business support
- setting new engineering, environmental and safety standards
- setting the direction for how we upskill the nation.
We are currently updating our organisational chart with more information about our directorates and our leadership team.
The executive team
The role of the board is to:
- ensure effective governance of the company so that the company makes decisions at the right time and properly manages risks
- shape, challenge and direct the agenda for the company delivering stated priorities
- monitor performance and risk, making choices (or recommendations to ministers) on our priorities ‘risk appetite’ (the amount and type of risk we are willing to take in order to meet our strategic objectives)
- oversee healthy relations with our stakeholders and commercial partners
The board members typically meet on a monthly basis.
Corporate reports, board minutes and audit committee minutes, can be found on the HS2 section of GOV.UK. This is in line with government policy on publishing corporate information. They will continue to be published there.