HS2 in Camden
Find out what HS2 means for Camden
Camden will be home to the new HS2 London terminus at Euston station. The new station will include 11 new platforms, a new concourse and improved connections to Euston and Euston Square Underground stations.
Within Camden a new tunnel will take HS2 trains out of Euston station, with Granby Terrace and Hampstead Road bridges being lengthened. Four tunnel shafts will be built to provide access and ventilation to the new tunnel at Granby Terrace, Euston Cavern, Park Village East and Adelaide Road.
HS2 will more than double the number of seats out of Euston station during peak hours and free up space on the west coast mainline for more local and long distance commuter services.
Work is already well underway, with more than a thousand people at work on sites around London, delivering essential pre-construction works, demolitions and utility diversions.
HS2 Works in your area
Our In your area map brings all our of work notifications together on one page, making it easier for you to navigate and ensure you are kept up-to-date on the work we are doing in your area.
We’d like your feedback
We’d like to know what you think about the In your area map and ways that we can improve it, to ensure that you can easily find information about the delivery of the railway in your area and how to contact us if you have any questions.
Let us know your views by completing our In your area map feedback survey.
Current engagement activities
Some of the key current engagement activities and proposals in Camden are:
- Clarkson Row Railway Access Point: Network Rail are proposing a new access point on the eastern side of Euston to provide a safe access for people to maintain the railway and respond to faults. More information about the proposals can be found on this presentation and a supporting Q&A document.
- Former Maria Fidelis school site: HS2 and Mace Dragados are bringing forward plans to create a temporary site office and welfare facility on the former Maria Fidelis school site, on North Gower Street and Starcross Street. These plans include a Construction Skills Centre that will be operated by Camden Council. Find out more about the proposals for the former Maria Fidelis school site.
Key HS2 in Camden documents
- HS2 autumn 2021 newsletter with an update on upcoming works and local projects HS2 is supporting
- Euston approaches works maps, presentations and fact sheets
- April 2021 Camden-wide works update presentation, which includes details of Network Rail works
- Adelaide Road Frequently Asked Questions Spring 2021
- Network Rail enabling works – 3 month summary
- Camden Local Area Engagement Plan
What we're delivering in Camden
HS2 has appointed joint venture between Mace and Dragados to deliver London’s Euston station.
More than 30 businesses working on HS2 already are located within Hammersmith and Fulham, Ealing and Brent. More than 80% of these businesses are SMEs.
In and around Hammersmith and Fulham, Ealing and Brent, three CEF and BLEF projects worth more than £335,000 have already been awarded.
New High Speed Station
Euston will provide eleven dedicated platforms, a new concourse and improved connections to Euston and Euston Square Underground stations.